The One Rule (1R)
Working ONLY on one item at a time, strictly based on the priority assigned until it’s Done.
- Inspection and Adaptation cycle should be carried out for each increment of work while progress can be measured using AIRWave as a guidance.
- “Done” is defined as the iteration being used by a consumer. Not just providing value but also analysing feedback as a criteria of Done.
- Until the work is “Done”, the 1R team should not work on the next backlog item in the queue, even if a member is free.
- The 1R team can start planning for an unrelated work item, while waiting for the end user feedback.
- In critical cases (e.g. live bug fixes) only on Product team’s request, the whole 1R team should stop working on the current item and declare it blocked. No 1R team member can work on the blocked item anymore.
The bubble should stick to the 1R rule at all times and the `Delivery Expert` is the driver to remind and guard this rule.